Real Me vs. On-Line Me


Good Morning Peachies! I hope you are having an amazing week so far. We've made it to Wednesday! Woo Hoo! We're half way through the week and all I can say is Thank Goodness. I'm 10 days away from my wedding and thinking I have it all done then I realize nope! There are little things to do that keep popping up but I'm not sweating it. I'm about to bust out my notepad and pen and make lists. When we go on vacation I post lists of what we need to take from each room on the mirrors. It's time to start that because we're in Georgia. Our wedding is in Florida and our honeymoon is in Hawaii. So we've got a lot of stuff to pack for different places and I'm sure i'll forget something.

So this sums me up today.

But since i'm doing the Blogtemeber Challenge with Bailey @braveloveblog, let's talk about that for a minute.

Today's challenge is: The real you vs. the online you. Are they the same or different?


I think i'm a genuine person. What you see is what you get. I'm a happy go lucky, sees the best in everything, loves all things pretty, dances in the rain kinda person. I like to radiate happiness and sunshine and positivity where ever I am but obviously you aren't able to see my life 24 hours a day 7 days a week on line. If you could then you'd see a little more seriousness sometimes. I like to have heart to heart conversations with my fiancee that I wouldn't share with anyone else. Not that they are anything bad but I feel like our most intimate moments aren't to be shared with the world. There are times he's seen me cry. There are times i've cried by myself. I am human and I am a woman so that's going to happen.

There are moments like us dancing in our kitchen that you'll never see because they're spontaneous and I never think "wait, let me grab my phone and record this." I like to live in the moment with my family sometimes and set examples for my son that you don't need to be connected to your phone and the internet world all the time. I'm proud to say, I feel like we're totally #parentwinning in this area because he's not one of those kids. In fact, I rarely see him on his phone at all. You don't see a lot of my moments with my guys on line because we're living in the moment.

You don't see the moments i'm in the car, taking my son to and from school. Even though they're some of my favorites. Let's be honest A) it isn't safe to drive and video/take pics and B) if I did that then those moments would become few and far between because he wouldn't want me to record that.

So to answer the question "The real you vs. the online you. Are they the same or different?"

I'm the same me no matter if i'm living my real life or my on line life. There are moments of my off line life that I choose not to share because i'm either living in the moment or there's something there to be protected from the on line world or it's simply not mine to share. On line I try to spread the happiness and the positive vibes because I feel like the internet & the world in general, is so saturated with negativity. I realize it's always going to be there but if everyone could find the happiness in the midst of the sadness, the positive in the midst of the negative, then maybe the world would be a better place. I want everyone to realize that happiness is a choice YOU have the power to make in your life.

On line me is still the real me. As JLo sang in the early 2000's, 'Cause I'm Real

Brave Love Blog
Is there a difference in on-ine you vs. real life you?

















"post signature

13 comments

  1. I think it's more the real me online. Sort of feel I can be myself and control those judgements.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally see and understand that. I think it's, sometimes, easier that way & there's nothing wrong with that at all!

      Delete
  2. I like to think I am the same real me as online me! Congrats on your wedding!! I am a fellow bride to be as well, I am getting married in November!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank You! I'm so excited! Congratulations to you, too! Are you excited yet?

      Delete
  3. Great post! I'd say I'm pretty much the same for the most part. I do try to carry myself in a more professional manner online just because I work with a lot of different companies and with other bloggers so I want to make sure I'm not posting photos from a bar night or anything like that haha I also try to keep everything that I post on social media, positive. It's a bit more challenging for me to stay positive in real life, but that's because I don't have the same amount of positivity in my real life that I do through my online community. You all (along with my husband and select friends) very much inspire and motivate me to be the best that I can be which makes it so much easier for me to be happy and positive as often as I am. Other than that, I'm pretty much the same person haha I love coffee and long walks on the beach and getting my nails done and spending time with my husband and (of course) connecting with all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I love reading your blog because you are so genuine and real and honest. I love that, I feel like we're real life friends even though we've only talked on line because of it!

      Delete
  4. 10 days is pretty quick! Have a blast on your special day! You are right, happiness is a choice! Here's hoping more people choose it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We're down to 8 now! It just hit me this morning! YAY! And yes, you're right. I hope more people choose happiness, too!

      Delete
  5. Love this post and learning more about you!! Being genuine and being you is the best you can be! :) Ps - will you send me your email address? When I try to reply to your comments on my blog I get an error and it bounces back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment! You made my morning. I totally agree and here's my e-mail address. It's Lesliew21282@gmail.com

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your sweet comment! You made my morning. I totally agree and here's my e-mail address. It's Lesliew21282@gmail.com

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.