Blogtember Clallenge-Pt. 5



Good Morning Lovelies! I hope you all got a good night's sleep and a feeling refreshed and wide eyed and bushy tailed, as my mom used to say, this morning. If you don't already have your cup of coffee then go pour you one and come back for some coffee talk.
I finally caught up with Bailey at braveloveblog for September's blogtember challenge.
It only took all night last night. Okay, not all night but a few hours but they were hours well spent.

So here we are on day 5. Today's prompt is Put your iTunes/music player on shuffle and share the first 10 songs that play.



1. Clint Eastwood-Jessie James Decker
I love her! I think she's the cutest thing ever and she and her husband Eric are the new Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey, only married still.

2. Royals-Lorde
Love her! She's got the kind of voice that just grabs your attention and makes you think you can sing just as good as she can.
This song always makes me feel a little sassier.

3. John Cougar, John Deere, John 3:16-Keith Urban
Life. This song is life. It sums up everything a southern girl is made of.
I spent a lot of years running from believing, looking for another way to save my soul
The longer I live, the more I see it: there's only one way home

And I'm a child of a backseat freedom, baptized by rock and roll
Marilyn Monroe and the Garden of Eden, never grow up, never grow old
Just another rebel in the great wide open on the boulevard of broken dreams
And I learned everything I needed to know from John Cougar, John Deere, John 3:16


4. The Big Revival-Kenny Chesney
I'm not sure how I feel about this song. It's pumped and makes you wanna sing and dance along but listen
If your faith ain't strong enough, child, you might wind up dead
Praise the Lord and pass me a Copperhead

Remember the church who brought snakes into worship a few years back? Yeah. No.
And i'm a huge Kenny Chesney fan.

5. Down the Road-Kenny Chesney
This song always was a favorite (well since I heard it the first time) and now that i'm 21 days away from my own wedding it holds more of a
meaning.

Her momma wants to know
If I'm washed in the blood or just in the water
Her daddy wants to know
If I make enough to take his daughter

Down the road
Before he can let her go
Down the road


That pretty much sums up us and where we're at right now. Funny thing is this song kinda got pushed into the back of my playlist I guess because recently I was pulling into the mall and it came on and I didn't even get out of my car until it was done. I sat there and thought about the lyrics and how they matched my life right now.

6. Only Love-Point of Grace
This song stops me in my tracks all the time.
♫ Peaceful waters, raging sea
It's all the same to me
I can close my eyes and still be free, still be free
When the waves come crashing down
And the thunder rolls around
I can feel my feet on solid ground

Only love sails straight from the harbor
And only love will lead us to the other shore
And out of all the flags I've flown
One flies high and stands alone
Only love


7. Higher Love-James Vincent McMorrow
Bring me a higher love
Bring me a higher love,
Bring me a higher love
Where's this higher love, I've been thinking of?

I will wait for it, I'm not too late for it
Until then, I'll sing my song
To cheer the night along

I could light the night up with my soul on fire
I could make the sun shine from pure desire
Let me feel the love come over me
Let me feel how strong it can be


8. Put Your Records On-Corinne Bailey Rae
This song is the perfect chill out song. I first heard it a couple weeks ago. After my wedding shower I came home, turned on spotify, and stretched out on my new yoga mat with the quilt my aunt made us. My fiancee had run to Home Depot. It was the perfect relaxing moment after a busy day. I laid there, on a love high, thinking about my many blessings in life.

♫ Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,
Just go ahead, let your hair down.

You're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow.

9. Summer of '69-Bryan Adams
No matter how old or young you are, you jam out to this one all the time! There's something about this song that screams summer.

10. Everlong-Foo Fighter
One of my favorite songs ever! It's so me and my fiancee.
♫ And I wonder
When I sing along with you
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again
The only thing I'll ever ask of you
You gotta promise not to stop when I say when she sang

I mentioned in Blogtember Challenge-Pt.1that if you looked at my music collection you'd be confused because I like everything. This is proof and it's only the tip of the musical iceberg. I truly believe that music says more about a person than them speaking ever will. Somedays I want slow, mellow songs other days I wanna jam out. I like keeping it interesting.

And here is a special bonus! 5 more songs.


1. Dibs-Kelsea Ballerini
2. Treausre-Bruno Mars
3. Cheyenne-Jason Derulo
4. We Will Rock You-Queen
5. Da Dip-Freak Nasty



So what are some of your favorite songs?

Brave Love Blog

"post signature

No comments

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.