Blogtember Challenge-Pt. 8



Good Day Peachies! I hope you're doing well. I can't complain. I'm just enjoying a lazy day at home in my yoga pants, blogging. I got a good bit knocked off my to-do list yesterday and since I'm feeling bad, i'm chillin' today.

Today is day eight of the Blogtember Challenge with Bailey @braveloveblog.
Today's challenge is: Tell us about your favorite season. Why is it your favorite and what does it say about you?

I love that, in Georgia, we get 4 real seasons. Spring & Fall never last long and winter, sometimes, seems to last too long but I still love them all.

In Spring it feels like the world is waking up again. Flowers start to bloom, sun starts feeling warm, birds start chirping. Life just gets happier and feels refreshed.

In Summer we spend a lot of time outside. Swimming and hiking, cookouts, catching lightning bugs, laying in the hammock with my honey, cruising around with the tops off the cars, playing in the yard but it often gets too hot in summer. Georgia heat comes with this thickness, this mugginess that sometimes makes it un-bearable. I do love how late is stays light though.

In Winter we often get ice. Not snow, just lots of ridiculous ice and the whole state freaks out at the first sign of a snowflake. You better run to the store and grab all your milk and bread (because you're going to enjoy your milk sandwiches-totally a southern joke!)
I like winter until Christmas, then i'm over it but the worst of the winter doesn't come until January or February down here. I plead, every year, for it to be acceptable for humans to go into hibernation this time of year but it never happens.

So, I bet by now you've guessed it, my favorite season is...Fall!!



I love the scenery in the fall, the leaves changing colors is mesmerizing.
Snuggling up in cozy blankets.
Apples. All the apples. Apple pies and apple blossoms with vanilla ice cream.
Crock pot everything. Chicken and dumplings in the crockpot are the ultimate comfort food.
Scarves, hoodies, sweaters, jeans and boots?! Yes, please!
Pumpkin Pecan Waffles from B&BW-this is my favorite B&BW scent ever!

I love the feeling fall has. It's like life is settling down and getting cozy.
Halloween is coming. I love it because it's a fun time with family, friends and our kids.
Thanksgiving is coming, too. I love the closeness and coziness of this holiday.
It's a time to reflect on what we're thankful for and what matters most to us.

I love the time in the kitchen, too.
My Mom & Dad & I used to spend a ton of time together in preparation for Thanksgiving.
It's no small deal in our family, which is why my fiancee and I took over the holiday for his parents last year.
They weren't going to be able to cook so they just weren't going to celebrate it but I came up with the plan that we would make the whole meal ourselves. We set his sister up with the task of making the cheesecakes because she makes them like no one else ever could and together we made Thanksgiving possible. We made the turkey, sweet potato casserole, green beans, dressing and lots of other deliciousness and spent Thanksgiving day with them. I'm marrying into this family and I wanted them to know that they've always got me on their side, too. I'm not just taking their son and running, I want us to all be one big, happy, crazy family & we are.

This year we plan on doing the same with them but we're getting married first (this month). So there are just two more reasons to love fall.

I think my love for fall says how much I love to be with my loved ones. It brings out this togetherness feel. It makes me want to do more for others, to celebrate them more and show them how loved they are. It also says I like the slow pace and coziness. I like when I can take a minute to step outside and enjoy all the beauties of the world.


What's your favorite season? What does it say about you?


Brave Love Blog





"post signature

No comments

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.