A Record Year In Review



Hi Peachies! As I sit here in the quiet watching Gilmore Girls, sipping coffee, reading my favorite blog ladies' post, wrapped in my favorite blankets I can't help but reflect on the last year. It was a record year for The Sotos, both personally and in the blog world, too so I thought i'd share my year in review with y'all, including my most popular and favorite blog posts and my word of the year.

So snuggle in and get ready.

A Record Year In Review
Word of the Year: Perfection
Perfection

January
I won Chicfetti's Giveaway on Instagram, we celebrated my son's 13th birthday, my mom's birthday, and we had our only snowfall of the year.
I also decided to take my blog public so I rebranded and started finding my blogging tribe.



February
We adopted our sweet Willow pup, celebrated my birthday, Valentine's Day and my hubby's birthday.




March
was pretty un-eventful. I did get to have a girl's day with my mom and grandma. The weather was stunning so we spent a lot of time outside soaking up the sun and admiring all the pretty flowers and we did celebrate Easter with a lunch at Mom & Dad's.




April
After feeling so defeated by my "to do" list I came up with the idea of a "have done" list. It's such a breath of fresh air to focus on all that you have done instead of all that you haven't done. We went to the Georgia Renaissance Festival. It was so fun to get dressed up, walk around eating turkey legs and shopping at local vendors.




May
my first ever peony bloomed into a huge bright pink blossom. I have zero green thumb so walking outside and seeing that beautiful flower really made me so happy everyday. I went to a Cupcake Festival at the town next to ours. It was filled with Cupcakes and vendors selling handmade items {my favorite}. I came home with a dozen cupcakes and a variety of amazing bath products.




June
It was officially hot and the pool was open so there was a lot of time spent soaking up the sun. We also bought some land to start building our dream home on and I also started re-vamping my jewelry making.





July
My Aunt, Uncle, and cousins came down from Illinois to spend a week with us. It was the most fun week of the summer. We spent the 4th of July with a movie in the backyard and making smores on the grill. We also celebrated my brother's birthday.




August
I had a girl's day with my cousin and one of my sweetest friends ever. It involved a trial run of wedding hair, wine, and lots of girl talk.
I also gave my blog a face lift. I also celebrated National Planner Day. Who knew it even existed but it is a day worth celebrating in my blog lovin' heart. My sweet boy started 8th grade and my hubby and I attended a wedding for a friend of his and my cousin's wedding, too. I also attended my sister in law's baby shower.




September
Our nephew was born and we celebrated our first wedding anniversary. My hubby surprised me with a dinner to The Melting Pot.




October
was Halloween. We really had a low key night and enjoyed it. I also hosted a Sunshine Snail Mail gift exchange and re-connected with one of my best friends from high school. my hubby made an appearance on my blog in Men Behind the Blog and he loved it.





November
I won another Instagram contest full of make up goodies. We celebrated my Dad's birthday and we celebrated our Willow pup's first birthday.





December
I participated in a mug swap with some sweet blog friends. We also celebrated the season filled with love and happiness with family and friends.




Blog Posts in Review

13 Things I've Learned as a Mom//Meet Willow//Aloha from Hawaii//10 Things {Dear Self}//Grace Upon Grace+Confessions//Always Stay Humble & Kind//Blogging Wisdom//Letting Go of Perfection//How to Host a Snail Mail Gift Exchange//How to Put Together a Gift Basket//Life Lessons Learned//In the Quiet Moments//Stress Relief//Hey Shabby Me//Life Lately








No comments

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.