Stress Relief


Hi Peachies! We made it! It's Friday! I'm sooo excited for sleeping in and coffee with my love in the morning. That's my favorite part of the weekends. You know what else I love? The Blogtember link up with Bailey from Brave Love Blog. Today's prompt is...

How do you de-stress/take care of yourself?

I'm such a huge believer in taking care of myself because if i'm not good for myself then how can I be good for anyone else?

I have so many ways I love to de-stress and relax and I want to share them with you and hopefully help you find some inspiration in my favorite ways to do just that.


+ {Get Outside}
There is no better way to de-stress and relax than to get outside.
Sometimes my Willow and I will take walks around the yard and enjoy the beauty of nature.
Other times we sit out of the front porch and soak in the sun.

+ {Baths}
Now, of course, this is a go to for every girl.
Light a candle, drop a bath bomb in the water, and relax.
I like to up my relaxing bath with facial masks, too.


Speaking of facial masks...


+ {Nightly Facial Routine}
Slipping upstairs to do my nightly facial skin care routine is another one of my favorite ways to de-stress.
In the last couple months I've really started to enjoy 20 minutes of taking care of me.
I love the feel of going to bed with a fresh face.

+ {Turning off the t.v.}
I won't lie. I've become a t.v. junkie during the day.
My hubby is at work, my son is at school and it's just me and the dog.
I blog and watch so much t.v. Sometimes I even Netflix and chill.
But one of my favorite ways to de-stress is to turn of the t.v., open all the blinds, light candles and blog and listen to podcasts.

+ {Make-Up}
I love playing in make up but it really de-stresses me to create different make up looks.
This is a fairly new love of mine but it has become a de-stressing method for me.

+ {Coloring}
This craze has caught on lately and guess who fell victim? That's right. This girl!
I love grabbing my pens, pencils, and books and sitting down to color away the stress of the day.

+ {Dancing with my Hubby}
There are times when he'll just grab my hand and dance with me in the kitchen, in our bedroom, the office, the back porch.
I always roll my eyes and laugh uncontrollably while he spins me around but I love it more than anything.

+ {Pinterest}
I have a board of funny things called Laughing Out Loud. When i'm stressed I look at all the pins i've pinned on this board and feel so much less stressed.

You can see the board here.

+ {On Line Shopping}
I love zoning out and shopping on line. I mean, what's better than sitting on your couch in yoga pants and your favorite tee shirt with a glass of wine and no bra? Nothing, right?
Sometimes I even fill up my cart with all the things I would like to buy from a shop just to see how much it would cost.
Answer always equals more money than I have but it's a great stress reliever.

+ {Blog}
This blog is my escape y'all. It's my happy place and a place I definitely check in to to de-stress.
When i'm working on my blog I zone out and am so focused on my work that it leave me feeling accomplished and relaxed.

+ {Get out of the house}
I'm such a homebody y'all and I'm usually very content that way but sometimes I find that just getting out and smiling at strangers and
interacting with other humans really helps me de-stress.
Some of the worst days i've had evened up being better all because I was out
of the house and striking up conversations with other people.

I'm working on adding meditation and yoga back into my daily life because I find that helps me de-stress and un-wind so incredibly much.
Share with me some of your favorite ways to relax and de-stress.


No comments

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.