We All Scream for Ice Cream

I scream. You scream. We all scream for ice cream. There is something about this frozen sweetness that is hard to resist. I remember when I was younger and my daddy would make my brothers and I ice cream. The way he did it was super special because he didn't just scoop it out of the carton into a bowl. You see, he had a special twist on it. He put our ice cream in a coffee mug and added milk. I still eat my ice cream like that and so does he. It wasn't long ago my hubby, son & I were at my parent's house and my dad pulled out the ice cream and we ate it in our mugs with milk.

My mom always had her things that made ice cream special, too. She has everything from fancy bowls to all the toppings you could ever want and she always made sure there were waffle cones in the pantry, too. I only like my ice cream in mugs or waffle cones. Picky much? Yeah, I kinda am and I blame my parents for that one.

You can see that ice cream holds all kinds of memories for me and so it was super special to be able to start the next chapter of my life with my now hubby by having an engagement photo shoot in my Aunt and Uncle's vintagey ice cream parlor.


My world may actually revolve around ice cream so today's prompt for Blogtember with Bailey from Brave Love Blog is
If you were a flavor of ice cream, which flavor would you be? Why?

Since an ice cream cake it's a flavor, i'd be birthday cake flavored ice cream because who doesn't love those fun little colorful bursts of extra sugary goodness inside an already amazing sugary treat? It's like confetti in your ice cream! I imagine that i'd be served at all the parties, making everyone happy and sugar filled or i'd make someone's sad day happy with my colorful sugary-ness. I think that happiness is a mug full of birthday cake ice cream with milk and since I believe everyday should be celebrated birthday cake ice cream is the way to do that!

Who can be mad or sad when they're eating confetti filled, cake flavored ice cream?














No comments

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.