Coffee Date



Hi Peachies. Happy Monday. I hope you are all well rested and ready to take on the week. It's getting so close to Christmas and I need some girl time and a coffee date so let's get cozy with our favorite mug of coffee and have a virtual coffee date.
:
:
:
:
:
Are you cozy now?

If you & I were on a coffee date right now...
I'd tell you...


+ I go between being so excited about Christmas and super anxious because I don't have enough done. Christmas as an adult is hard because there is so much hard work that goes into it but I have to stop myself to remember what it's all about and put everything in to perspective.

+ I'm obsessed with Gilmore Girls now. I never watched it before but I started binge watching it last Friday. Now I want to live in Stars Hollow and be friends with Lorelai and Rory.

+ I haven't made any December goals because I need to take the month to just enjoy the season. I want to soak in every minute and create memories. January is for fresh starts and goal setting, right?December is for having fun and enjoying togetherness.

+ Speaking of enjoying the season; I need to focus more on enjoying the season of my life, where i'm at right now. I'm so ready for what's next. I want to have another baby and build our dream home with my husband but none of that is happening at the speed I'd like. I think it's because God wants me to be happy with where i'm at right now. This season of life is preparing us for what's next.

+ I really want to start having someone else take photos for my blog. The selfie stick is fine and all but there are only so many angles you can get with that.

+ Saturdays and Sundays at home are my favorites. I've been cleaning house and writing an entire week's worth of blog posts in just two days.I feel like a real girl boss and love it!

+ One of my favorite things in the entire world is the soft glow of Christmas lights. I wish I could keep them up all year long.

+ Sometimes I go through spells where I just want to be an introvert, that's where i've been lately. I don't like leaving the house or socializing. One of my favorite Marilyn Monroe quotes is "I restore myself when i'm alone." It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with me, it just means I need to take care of me and this is how I do it.

+ I want to be more intentional with my girlfriends in 2017. I want to have lunch dates/coffee dates/mani+pedi dates with my real life girlfriends at least once a month. I'm such a homebody & I like it but I'm really missing my girlfriends.

+ I've never been a morning person at all but lately I find myself so filled with excitement at all the things I have going on and all the things I want to do that I've become a morning person and I love it. There's something so peaceful about starting the day on the couch, snuggled in a blanket with a cup of coffee in my hand, reading my daily devotional that just makes me happy.

+ 2017 is going to be all about being intentional and healthy. Yoga, healthy eating and getting more active are all things I need to focus on.

+ Speaking of 2017, I know it's going to be a big year for us and I'm a bit nervous about it. We'll be building our dream home and our son will be entering high school. Even now, the anxiety of it all gets me. I even find myself waking up in the middle of the night thinking about it then I decide that worrying at 3 a.m. accomplishes nothing so I pray, give it to God and go back to sleep.

+ It took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. Even now, i'm not sure what i'll do once i'm done raising babies but for now, I can tell you that this blogging thing just feels right. I love the community that i've found through blogging. I've enjoyed engaging with my blogging tribe through Facebook and Instagram so much lately. They're all such sweet, supportive ladies. It's like having a group of cheerleaders in the game of life. I love that i've made some really amazing friends and i'm constantly learning something new. Now that i've added an affiliate i'm learning how to monetize and that's pretty incredible. When I started my blog, it was just as a hobby, I had no idea that I could make money off of it or even make friends from it.

+ It looks so snowy today but there's no change of snow in the forecast (or so they say) but the great Snowpocalypse of 2014 started the same way. Newscasters were saying there would be no snow until later then suddenly the sky opened up and snow fell and everything began to freeze. My husband (fiancee at the time) was stuck in I-285 for 21 hours and my son and had an adventure of our own going from school to my parents house. The normally 10 minute drive took us 6 hours. So, while i'm hoping for snow, I am not hoping for any of that mess again.


If we were on a coffee date, what would you tell me?


No comments

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.