Monday Morning Coffee Talk




Good Morning Sweet Friends. Happy Monday. I know how much we all dread Mondays but what if we could start Mondays off with a coffee date? That would make everything better, right? So this morning i'm going to share some coffee talk with you. So get cozy with your favorite mug full of coffee and let's have a date.

If you and I were on a coffee date right now, we'd be at my favorite local Farmer's Market/Cafe and I'd be drinking an Irish Cream Espresso.





I'd tell you how much this little market/cafe means to me and my family. It's more than a place to shop or have lunch. It's where my husband & I buy our Christmas tree from every year on Black Friday. It's also where we finalized the deal when we bought our land. It's been a place my husband & I come on the weekends for lunch and talking about dreams and it's hosted many girl's days for me and my friends. Everyone in here is super sweet and they support local crafters and farmers. This place has a piece of my heart.


I would tell you i'm loving this new year. It's already been so good to me and i've already crushed some of my goals; especially when it comes to the blog. I've already hosted a link up this year and my bloglovin' and Instagram followings have grown so much. I have a new affiliate that i'm about to bring on board and a new series The Happy List starting up tomorrow. I'm also featuring small businesses on the blog, too. Last week I featured Mieroglyphs. I have another small business feature coming soon.


I've been on a cleaning binge lately. I really want to clean this house out and get rid of clutter. Friday I spent an hour and a 1/2 in our tiny bathroom cleaning from top to bottom and ended up throwing away an entire trash bag full of old beauty and make up products. It was therapeutic. Unfortunately, my cleaning binge made my family ill with me yesterday because I had enough and I kinda snapped on them and made everyone get up and work, military mama style; something I never do but I just couldn't take the mess anymore. I feel like a big jerk today but my house and car are clean(er).


I want to shake 2017 up and step out of my comfort zone. I want more adventures and less just sitting home on the weekends so I am going to step out on a limb and enter a cupcake contest and my mama and I are going to set up a booth at this festival and sell all our homemade crafty goodies this spring. I've already been scheming ideas for the cupcake booth and my mama and I talked crafty yesterday. I really don't have any details yet but when I do i'll be sure to let y'all know.


Speaking of adventures, yesterday (before I went military mama) my hubby & I spent the day scouring flea markets. He bought me some shirts to decorate with my new cricut and a bag to store it all in. It was nice to step away from everything else and just be together. I still feel new to this marriage thing (we celebrated our one year in September) and sometimes I wonder if i'm doing it right but it's just like motherhood. In 13 years of being a parent i've often asked myself and God if i'm doing it right. You never stop asking that question but I think the fact that you do ask it means you care enough to know when you need to work on something. I know I need more adventures with my hubby in order to fully enjoy each other and to stop focusing on everything else.


I would tell you that i'm so in love with this spring like weather we've been having. My soul needs more sunshine and less cloudy gloomy mess. It really does affect my mood. I did an entire Insta Story sitting on my front porch the other day, eating lunch and enjoying the sunshine with Willow pup because it was sunny and my heart and soul needed it.

Speaking of Insta Stories, what kinda things do you like to see on there? Are you more of an Insta Girl or Snap Chat Girl?




Well lovelies, it's been a truly wonderful start to my Monday. I enjoyed chatting with you.

What's something you would tell me if we were on a coffee date?

No comments

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.