Christmas Shop Small {Mobsession}



Hello lovely Peachies! Happy Tuesday. Is it me or is this already the longest week in the history of forever? I feel like I have a Thanksgiving hangover and I didn't even drink! this girl is livin' off naps, coffee and Jesus right now. Oh, and Black Friday/Shope Small Saturday/Cyber Monday on line window shopping. I'm too exhausted to actually put clothes on and go shopping so if you are anything like me and have zero motivation to actually get out and shop then I have you covered. Every Tuesday and Thursday i'm featuring a small shop or small business owner on the blog; today I get the pleasure of featuring one of my favorite people on the planet, my Aunt and her Etsy shop; Mobsession.

Hello Devon. Welcome to my blog sweet blog.

Can you tell us a little about yourself?
I am a highly motivated, imperfect perfectionist, who is constantly working towards goals and dreams. I am a Mom of 3. My world literally revolves around my children. I am determined to show them that settling is not an option and there are no limits to their goals and dreams.
I love to read. I love to make, create, and re-purpose. I love to teach myself new things, even if I do not like doing it, at least I can say I tried. We are an athletic family. Our boys play soccer. As a family, we are involved in Brazilian Jujitsu, Tae Kwon Do, Krav Maga, and boxing. I am an amateur photographer and have an insane amount of photos on my kids. I am an investigator by nature and have spent the last 18 years working with criminals. I also have a fascination with the Mob and serial killers. At the other end of the spectrum, I love listening to self¬-help and motivational stuff. I am all over the place. I rarely stop going. I am always doing something. I am intense and passionate and always willing to grow and learn more.

How did you pick your Etsy name?
I have always been fascinated with, maybe even a little obsessed with the mob. The mafia lifestyle to me is big, bold, and over the top.
It can be bright and shiny or dark and sinister. The lifestyle and the ties run very deep. I thought Mobsession was fitting.

What inspired you to open your Etsy shop?
This all started as a little hobby for me. I just didn’t like the jewelry I was seeing when I went to shop for something. If I did find something, it just wasn’t quite right. The quality just was not there. I found myself saying “I could totally make that” A LOT. I ended up finding new ways to make things and started making a lot of pieces. After meeting some really awesome talented people, I started selling pieces at some local art studios. Then I decided I would take the plunge into ETSY. I think it is a great way to support those of us who love to share our handmade items. I believe there is a certain amount of mutual respect for ETSY sellers and they want to support those within the ETSY community.


What makes you most excited about owning your shop?
I have a goal to leave the work force, After 18 years of doing the same thing, I am ready to start a new chapter. I am eager to expand on my creativity and be the one to make what others are looking for. I truly believe people are looking for that personal touch.
I do think that can be attained on-line. You can develop a relationship with your shopper and provide them with what it is they are looking for. I try to let my customers know that I want them happy with their item(s). I will try to accommodate them to the absolute best of my ability.


What inspires you to create new products?
When it comes to my creativity and making things for people, I get the most satisfaction out of making something that makes someone feel. When someone says to me that what I have done for them is special to them or it made them tear up because of the meaning behind it, I get the chills. Recently, I did a bullet for a mother and daughter that belonged to Mom’s father who was in WWII. Each piece was specific to what the ladies wanted. Now Mom has something from her Dad that she can wear everyday if she wants and her daughter has something from her Grandfather. It is more than just a piece of jewelry. There is a story and meaning behind it. They may be the same bullet but very different history and meaning to the person wearing them. Of course I love making fun pieces too. I like unique. I like the fact that no 2 pieces are exactly the same. I get excited when someone says they have something that they just do not know what to do with but they want to make into something they can wear or use. The creativity really flies then. It is a challenge I will always accept. The final pieces are always unique. It really is fun to see what they become.


What is your favorite item in your shop?
My favorite piece right now has to be the Unique Etched Bracelet.
It is a very different piece. I had no idea when I started it what it would even become.

>What is your best selling item in your shop?

The wrap bracelets have been a favorite. They are great for stacking.
They wear well and they are easy to dress up or to wear everyday.

Can you share any sneak peaks of items coming soon?
I am trying to add new things all the time. I am adding more essential oil jewelry.

Do you have any special promotions currently?
I will be running a free shipping on orders of $30 or more for the holidays.



Y'all. My Aunt is truly one of the most inspiring women I know. She's not kidding when she says she never stops going. She's always doing something and it amazes me. When we were together this summer (she and her family live in Illinois, we live in Georgia) I got to see just how she balances it all and it truly inspired me. I saw the process of how she makes her jewelry, I even have a few pieces of my own. It really fascinates me to see how creative business owners work so seeing her at work taught me so much. I even learned how to balance my own creative ventures with all my daily chores. Sometimes I still struggle but spending time working side by side with another creative person really inspired and motivated me. I can also say that the quality of her products really are awesome and you can always contact her if there's a problem with the piece you purchased. Like she said, she does special requests and orders, too so you can't loose with Mobsession so hop on over to her page and buy yourself a special piece of jewelry.



No comments

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.