Monday Coffee Talk Pt. 3



Hello Lovelies. I hope your Monday is treating you well so far. I've been going non stop since about 7 a.m. with no slowing down anytime soon but I'm getting a lot done, so it's a productive day. The Silver Lining, right? Since it's Monday it's time for my link up with Jasmine over atClassy Sassy and a bit Smartassy. She does a Monday link up called Monday Coffee Talk. I love Coffee and I love talking so boom!! You can join the link up here Monday Coffee Talk we'll get to that in a minute because first I actually have a weekend re-cap worth sharing!

We did something besides grocery shopping. Well, we did that, too but we also went to see some friend's of ours new house and my sweet Crystal did my hair and make-up. We were doing a wedding trial run and she took some pics of the finished product but then took my hair and make-up off so my honey won't see it and will be surprised at the actual wedding. Good thinking girl, even though I didn't want to take it off because I felt like a pretty pretty princess.
We drank too much wine and did hair and make-up and all things girlie while the guys ran to Fry's, an electronics store. After we were done with hair and make up we had time still so Crystal introduced me to snap chat. I posted my first snap.


After the guys got back we went to eat at a place called The Cuckoo's Nest. Totally delicious. I had the Cuban sandwich, it was the best i've ever had. We got home late that night and crashed.

Sunday was spent making grocery lists and meal plans and kicking off the 5 day clean eating plan i'm in this week. I found this super interesting article about what to avoid when grocery shopping.

A Guide to Grocery Shopping

Sunday my sweet neighbor also brought me the cutest little succulent terrarium b/c she knows I love succulents.




So my succulent collection is growing. See!!



The rest of Sunday was spent grocery shopping and visiting parents.
Now back to Monday Coffee Talk.


  Monday Coffee Talk is where bloggers can list three goals they wish to accomplish for the week. They can be personal, business, blog related. Whatever it is you want to accomplish, just write 'em down and link 'em up.

Here were last week's goals. How'd I do?


1. Wedding!
Finish those invitations and get them sent out!
♡ Ha! No and to be honest, i'm kinda over the planning part of this.
I know it's most women's dream come true but to me these are just small details.
I'm ready for the actual wedding to be here and to be a Mrs. instead of a Miss.

2. Step up my work out.
I usually do 3 yoga routines but I want to add at least one more this week & do 4! I can totally do this!
♡ YES! I've been doing 4 yoga routines + the Shaun T. Cize videos with my sweet friend/brother's sister in law.
I'm knocking this one out of the park!!

3. Just survive!
With my son starting back to school there will be lots of grumpiness while we smooth out our routine again.
I forsee more coffee than usual this week!!
♡ Surprisingly yes!! We did more than survive, we thrived.
He's been getting up and ready go to in the mornings like a champ
and i'm getting a ton of stuff done, too.
Go US!!!!

Now for this week's goals.
1. Mate socks.
I despise this chore with everything in me.
Summer means flip flops all day erry day, am I right?
But with my son back in school that means socks and tennis shoes. BOO!!
I may give in and let my fiance doing them the "military way."

2. Spend my Saturday ironing and food prep.
Normally I would say Sunday but we have a wedding to go to Sunday so Saturday it is.
Ironing is another thing I despise, that's why I was doing two weeks worth last night at 9:30
But since i'm a kind fiancee i'll just grin and bear it.

Food prep is another big thing. After I pick my son up from school we spend time with my parents
then I rush home and throw something together so dinner is done soon after my honey is home.
My dream is to be June Cleaver and have dinner on the table the minute he walks in the door but
this is real life. Between visiting w/ my parents and Atlanta rush hour traffic it never happens.

3. Find my routine groove again.
Before school started back I had my day planned to the T
but then school started back and now I feel like i'm in a constant state of frenzy.
Not really living in the moment, always feeling rushed for what's next.
I simply can't do that. I broke down in tears during my devotional this morning b/c I
felt bad for spending that time on me. Silly right? I was reminded that I simply need
to Be Still.



So what are your goals for the week?
I find that it helps to break them down into smaller goals. I get more doe that way ;)


"post signature

2 comments

  1. Nice job with last week. So funny about the socks...I have a huge bin of them that I'm forever trying to match. Great job with the Yoga too...Love Yoga!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I despise matching socks so so much! I have two baskets full. I'd throw them away and start over if it meant I wouldn't be in the same situation in two months. LOL. I love yoga, too!!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.