Foodie Friday

Hey y'all. Welcome back to another edition of Foodie Friday. This is easily becoming one of my favorite posts of the week. I think next week I might even do a link up button if anyone would be interested. Food for thought. Ha Ha!

This week I have a delicious recipe to share with y'all. It's one that I haven't personally made but my sweet sweet neighbor made saw it on my Pinterest board and made it for me since my birthday was a couple weeks ago. You'll love these sugary sweet snacks. I've already eaten all mine, who am I kidding? I ate them all by the next day! No shame. Okay, maybe a little but it hasn't stopped me from thinking about making some for myself ;) I'll share the recipe in a minute but first let me tell you about a wish and dream I've had for most of my adult life.

It started during my childhood, really. Spending the month between Thanksgiving and Christmas in the kitchen cooking and baking with my Mom. Those are some of my favorite memories. When my son was younger we continued the tradition with him. He's 12 now and usually has far better things to do than spend time in the kitchen with Dear 'ol Mom & Mimi. Someday he'll come back around though. In the mean time it's something my Mom & I do together. Usually with my Dad and my Fiance (both men can and do cook on the reg). Lucky us, right? Definitely and I want my son to be one of those men, this is why I have hope that he'll come back around sometime. Probably not until college or even when he's married.

It's been a dream of mine to cultivate those memories into opening my own bakery. When my son was in kindergarten I was devastated that I couldn't bake goodies for his class, they all had to be store bought. Talk about a dream crusher! For the Fall Festival I was able to actually bake some goodies for his class. That's when this dream really took off. I baked the cutest monkey cupcakes ever. It was during this baking fest that I came up with a name for my bakery; The Funky Money because the cupcakes were moneys and my grandpa was trying to eat every. single. one. I finally caved and told him he could have the funky ones (the ones that didn't turn out perfect). So there it was, my bakery was born {in my mind, at least}.

I thought it would be fun to share a glimpse into what my dream bakery would look like. Fun right?!

Here goes!!




Whimsical and Fun! The kind of place you'd love to go on a lazy Saturday afternoon. I'd love to have a sandwich shop on the side that would sell soups, sandwiches, noodle bowls, & salads, too. And to make and sell personalized wedding/baby shower invitations. And i'd love to cater to weddings and do booths at festivals. I imagine the display for that looking something like this.



Dream Big, right? Maybe some day this dream will all come true. In the mean time enjoy these delicious sweet treats that I mentioned way above ;) They're like Heaven in a cookie. You won't be disappointed, I promise. I may or may not make a batch of these and eat them all this weekend. Who needs a diet when you've got cookies, right?



No Bake Coconut Pecan Praline Cookies

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups chopped pecans
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
Instructions

In a medium sized bowl, combine coconut and pecans; set aside.
In a heavy saucepan over medium high heat, stir sugar, evaporated milk, corn syrup and butter. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a full rolling boil -- let boil and stir for 3 minutes.
Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla and coconut and pecan mixture. Stir off the heat for about 4 minutes, until mixture starts to cool and thicken.
Drop by large spoonfuls on wax paper. Let harden completely -- about an hour to an hour and a half -- before serving.
Notes

Makes about 20 large cookies.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/238479742744573994/


Enjoy your weekend y'all.

No comments

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.