Foodie Friday

As promised yesterday, i'm back with Foodie Friday today and this one does not fail! It's a recipe originally posted by Design Love Fest and it has quickly become a favorite for my family. Our son loves Chicken Noodle Soup, the canned kind that has all the bad stuff and tons of salt in it so when I found this recipe it was a must try on my list. Now I make it every other week. It's great because it makes a lot and my son can take it in his Thermos food jar to school and have a hot lunch for the next several days, too!

I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!

This is always a hit with my family. It's a simple, warm recipe and it's all the chicken noodle soup goodness minus the extra salt and additives. (The only thing I do different is add 3 bouillon cubes and a can of cream of chicken noodle soup.)


http://www.designlovefest.com/2014/10/the-perfect-chicken-noodle-soup/



chicken noodle soup
yields: 6 servings
ingredients:
• 4 gloves of garlic
• 2 leeks
• 4 stalks of celery
• 4 carrots
• 12 ounces fusilli noodles
• 2 chicken breasts
• fresh rosemary (you can use dried)
• fresh thyme (dried okay)
• olive oil
• salt + pepper
• 2 boxes of chicken broth

• remove the cooked chicken breasts from the broth and add the noodles. cut or shred the chicken into little pieces and return to the pot. heat until the noodles are tender, about 10 minutes. remove from heat, add salt and pepper to taste. enjoy!


I've also created a Facebook group called Recipe Swap. Come join us! You can add and find wonderful new meals!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/744831068941153/

No comments

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.