Foodie Friday

As I was catching up on all the latest wonderful blog posts on bloglovin' today I came across a particular blogger who does Foodie Friday posts, where she posts her favorite recipes. I thought it was a wonderful idea because I love to cook and my fiance and I are always experimenting with new flavors and mixtures of foods, sauces, and spices + I really love to eat.

I even have a Facebook group for all my friends and I to share our favorite recipes. I love food THAT much. So in honor of my very first Foodie Friday post i'm going to share TWO fabulous recipes. The first is for my favorite Cowboy Caviar dip that I make for just about every gathering possible. It's so addicting I can eat a whole bowl myself. No shame. okay, lots of shame. The second is the Cookie Butter Cake that I made last Friday for my Mom's birthday and was requested again by my son for his birthday dinner on Wednesday. Yep, it's that good, y'all.

Get ready for some mouth waterin', drool worthy, yummy goodness.

Cowboy Caviar

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/238479742740455780/


Ingredients
2 cans (11 Oz. Can) Mexicorn, Drained
1 can (4 Oz. Can) Chopped Green Chiles
1 whole Bell Pepper, Chopped
3 whole Green Onions, Chopped
2 whole Jalapenos, Chopped (without Seeds)
8 ounces, weight Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 cup Sour Cream
1 cup Mayonnaise
Preparation
Combine all ingredients. Chill before serving with Fritos!

Yes, it IS that easy, y'all.

Gooey Cookie Butter Cake
with this one, make the cake by the directions on the back of the box, not the way the recipe calls for. My Fiance and I made it by the recipe the first time and it was like taffy. It left us scrambling for the store just an hour before company arrived.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/238479742744994084/



"Cookie Butter" Gooey Butter Cakes
Adapted from Plain Chicken and Paula Deen

Cake:
1 18.25 oz. package yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 Tbs. butter, melted

Filling:
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 c. Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
8 Tbs. butter, melted
1 16 oz. box powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and Cookie Butter until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter, and beat together.

Next, add the powdered sugar and mix well. Spread over cake batter and bake for approximately 40-50 minutes. Make sure not to overbake as the center should be a little gooey.



I hope you all enjoy these yummy recipes!

No comments

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.