Where Have I Been?

Hi y'all. Sorry for the absence last week. I had jury duty all week long and it drained me. When I got home in the afternoons I was exhausted and didn't even want to touch the computer. I took yesterday as a day to make a dent in our laundry and treated myself with a trip to Michael's for more beading supplies and then made my mom a bracelet she wanted. I'm so ready to be back on to that. I have so many ideas for pretty new jewelry. I also have to deep clean the house but anyway, I thought I owed y'all an explanation for my absence.

I haven't done our weekend re-caps in two weekends but I assure you we've been having a lot of fun. I can't remember two weekends ago day by day Saturday was our fun day. We went to the Georgia Renaissance Festival. If you like jousting, Kings and Queens, festival food (especially giant turkey legs), Shopping, Comedy, & fun check it out if you're ever near Fairburn, Ga from April-June. My Fiance has always gone on opening day and usually dresses in full costume. The last couple years it was muddy so there was no costume but we throw on our sloppiest shoes and head out to the mud for a fun filled day.

Here are the pics so you can see all the fun for yourself.

This guy is the town Idiot (I can't make that up) and he's pretty funny.

And excuse the mess I am in this picture. The humidity had gotten to my hair by this point so up it went.
My honey had been kissed by one of the Kissing Wenches.

That was a fun way to enjoy the weekend before Jury Duty and my buddy had their big state wide Milestones testing, too so there was a lack of posts and pictures but this past weekend was more fun.

Friday I was too tired to remember anything. I'm not sure what we did but I think it involved napping.

Saturday was my best friend's son's 6th birthday! I have no pictures for this because he's not my kiddo and I won't post pics of him for that reason but I'm so glad to be a part of their lives. We've been best friends for over 17 years. She's my best girl and so i've been in little man's life since day one. I remember when she brought him home from the hospital. He was so tiny. I think he had a good birthday this year and it was great to catch up with her and her momma. We were the last ones there so we got to stay and visit. We both needed that a lot. It was the highlight of my weekend. I also went shopping for wedding decorations with my momma. We didn't buy anything but we got some great ideas! I'm so excited. Everything is starting to feel so real because it's getting so close!!

Sunday we ran about a million errands, visited with my in-laws and then went back to my mom and dad's and cooked dinner with them. We had the most amazing coconut chicken and my mom's fried rice, it's always to die for. The time spent with them is always fun and treasured.

So lately that's where i've been. I'm such a creature of habit that i'm still trying to get into the swing of things after last week. Once I got put on a case it was interesting to see how it actually works from the inside, not just on t.v. (it's nothing alike). It was rewarding to know that we got someone off the street who shouldn't be. Maybe we saved him from hurting himself or someone else. Maybe he'll see his mistake and never do what he did again and maybe he'll get help if he needs it.

I'm so glad that this week is a new week though and we can (hopefully) settle down and get back into the flow of things.

No comments

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.