We all know the #icanteven hashtag. We've all been there, we've all used it or at least saw (or heard) someone else use it. Yeah, today #icanteven. I can't even get motivated. I have a super case of the Mondays and I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I had an amazing weekend (we'll re-cap that in a minute) so that's definitely not the cause of my lack of motivation. In fact, it's just the opposite. Since my fiance and I started living together I get the worst case of the Mondays ever, it's way worse when it's the school year because my sweet son is gone all day, too. Lately I've had enough to keep me occupied on Monday, I guess, because it's not been as bad but today, for whatever reason, it's through the roof. It's a "don't mind me, i'm going to sit on the couch in my sweats kinda day." I feel drained in every possible way, like there's not enough coffee in the world today. I don't even want coffee, which is really unusual for me. I almost wish it would storm so I could have a legit excuse not to go anywhere.
Anyway, with that little bit off my heart and out of my head I feel a bit better (I should have made that my personal journal post). Sorry. Kind of. This blog is real life.
To fight off the Monday Blues I've come up with the idea of Mood Boards. I saw the lovely Rekita from RekitaNicole
do this last week and it caught my attention & definitely made my mood better so I thought, why not do one myself? Hers has a theme: Pineapples, Popcorn, etc. Mine is just what I saw that made me smile. I know we all need a little happiness on Mondays so I hope you enjoy.
I should start this by saying i'm currently obsessed with lotus flowers. They symbolize strength through the muck. I've always liked them but after finding the Instagram account Lotus & Light over the weekend my like grew to an obsession.
1. "The lotus is a flower that grows in the mud, the deeper and thicker the mud, the more beautiful the lotus blossom."
When I thought about it I thought, that's a lot like people. The more we go through the stronger we become. We have this incredible ability
to go through hell and back and come out a stronger, more beautiful person if we allow it. Be like the lotus, let the mud make you more
2. Meet Smiley. He's a 12 year old Golden Retriever who was born without eyes. He gets to go around to children with autism and help them. How sweet is that?
3. This picture makes me smile and think about my up-coming honeymoon. What's not to love about that?
4. Colorfy. I found this new app yesterday and I'm obsessed! Go to the app store and download it now. You can thank me later.
5. This pretty, colorful sign really needs a home on my wall of signs in the kitchen. Colorful, cupcakes, and love!?! Swoon.
6. Another beautiful lotus. It looks like it's exploding with light and confetti. A true celebration of life and growing something beautiful
from the mud!
I sure hope that puts you in a happier mood on this Manic Monday.
Now it's time for my weekend wrap up. I'll spare you all the boring details and get straight to the good stuff. Our engagement party was Saturday. None of my bridesmaids got to make it but that's okay. My closest family and a few good friends of mine and my fiance's made it. It was a great time swimming and cooking out.
This is the only picture we got of my honey & I dressed up because it was too hot not to be in the pool.
Now here are all of our pretty people.
So that was our fun weekend. We spent yesterday relaxing and hanging out. I hope you had a wonderful weekend, too.