Coffee Chat + Weekly Goals



Hello loves. Happy Monday. I know, it's not my favorite day of the week either but I am learning to love it a little more. It's a chance for a fresh start and I love fresh starts. I also love coffee and girl dates so join me for some coffee and girl time, won't you? I'll wait while you get your favorite mug filled with coffee and join me.

It's almost the start of summer for us. School is out at the end of this week and we've got a huge summer in the works. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed, a lot excited and even more inspired but I know that I need to get myself organized for all the things to come so I thought i'd add a little something to our morning coffee chats. I'm going to add a Monday Mantra and Weekly Goals to the mix to keep myself accountable and ready to take on the world. More on that in a minute. But First, Coffee Chat.

If you and I were on a coffee date...

I would tell you that the weekend was perfect. We didn't have any really big plans so it was really relaxing. We took our son shopping for new shoes and went to lunch together on Saturday. Two weekends in a row i've gotten to go to brunch/lunch with my guys and I kinda like it even more than going out to dinner. Day dates are my new fave.

Yesterday my hubby & I spent the day at my mama and daddy's house just hanging out. My kiddo did come down with some sickness that he's still trying to shake off, over the weekend, so he's home with me today and I don't mind. I like it when he's home. It won't be much longer and he won't want to be home all the time so I soak it up while I can. What did you do over the weekend?

Last Friday night I had the privilege of chatting with one of the most inspirational women I know, Ashley Beaudin. We just talked about life stuff and the possibility of me opening an Etsy shop. She just has this way of making you feel like you can do anything and no dream is too small. I think i'm finally going to open that shop because, in the words of Ashley, "what's the worst that can happen?" She really set my soul on fire to chase my dreams.

I've also been loving getting crafty with my Cricut lately. I've been making all the cute shirts and mugs and my sweet friends have been encouraging me to sell them. I actually have three shirt orders currently.


I would tell you that this is the last week of school for us then i'll have a high schooler. When did this happen? Last week he was four, I swear!

I spent yesterday morning making my to do list for the week and decorating my week in my planner and getting organized. It felt so good to get this done and out of the way. I've been so behind lately but this should be my new Sunday routine because it feels good going into the week prepared. I really want to find a morning routine that is productive and gives me energy. Do you have any tips or ideas?


What would you share with me if we were on a coffee date?


Monday Mantra



Goals
I feel like right now is the perfect time for me to detox everything in my life; especially physical clutter and my mind so I'm going to make weekly goals. I've even started a weekly inspiration + goals
Pinterest board. You can follow along and see what my goals are each week, if you'd like.

I'm going to start small with five goals I want to achieve this week.

+ Spend ZERO $. Other than on gas in my Jeep and mailing a package off.

+ Finish my tee shirt orders and get them delivered.

+ Start putting together my newsletter.

+ Read one chapter a day in Girl Boss or Note To Self.

+ Spend one evening snuggled on the couch, watching a movie with my hubby sans tech devices like we used to do when we were dating.

I know these goals seem super easy but in all actuality, they are things I struggle with. I've been guilty of spending money on totally un-necessary things. I see a lipstick or nail polish I want, I buy it or if I want Chick Fil A for lunch, I get it. These are small things but they do add up and we're in a season of life where we need to start being more frugal and learning to save.

Those tee shirt orders just need to be done and delivered. My newsletter was something I never really thought about before until a new reader told me she found my blog and was trying to sign up to my newsletter and was having a hard time. It was an eye opening thing to tell her I didn't have a newsletter yet. It made me see that someone would sign up for it so I need to get it done. Both of these things are going to boost my dreams of future business endeavors so why not invest in them?

I've been trying to read Girl Boss and Note To Self for months now. I enjoy reading, I just never take the time to do it so it's time to step away from technology in the afternoons and read. And as for the movie and cuddling with my hubby. That goes without saying. We just get so busy and exhausted that in the evenings we are either still running around like crazy or snoozing away on opposite couches/chairs with a dog in between. I kinda miss that dating feeling. Okay, I miss it a lot. It's time to invest in not only "me time" but "us time" again.



What are some goals you'd like to achieve this week?














3 comments

  1. That's so exciting about opening up a shop! I wish it well :) Love the "Blessed Mama and Wifey" shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to have a conversation with someone who really "gets you". NOthing better for the soul

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful perspective for a Monday! I will have to remember that. Summer Mondays are so much easier for me since I have my boy home and I don’t have to get out of the house. Do you feel that way too? Your Cricut creations are beautiful! You totally should start a side business. I haven’t had much time to play with mine lately, but I’m hoping things will slow down soon and I can. Those are some great goals! How are you doing so far?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.