Oh, Hey Friday!




Hello Peachies! We've made it to Fri-YAY again! Whew! It's been a tough week for me because my best friend's mom passed away from cancer on Sunday. We went to her funeral service yesterday. Like most funerals, it was emotional. She was such a sweet lady & will be greatly missed. She & I would often sit and talk for a while when I had her grandson and she'd come pick him up from me. It feels surreal but my sweet friend has a wonderful outlook on it. She says she knows her mom is no longer suffering from this awful disease & she's at peace now but I know in the days and months ahead she and her son will need prayers so if you can, stop and say a prayer for her please.

After that I can tell you that i'm more ready than ever for this weekend. I'm hoping to do a lot of nothing but cuddling up in the house and staying cozy since it's supposed to be cold. To top it off, my son has next week off school for Thanksgiving break! Hallelujah! I think i'm looking most forward to the fact that I won't have to struggle to get him up in the mornings. That alone is something to be thankful for.


So today it's time for the Oh, Hey Friday! link up with the adorable Karlie from September Farm
September Farm

You can join or just check out her fabulous blog. If you do you should read it from start to finish, you're sure to laugh, smile, and nod in agreeance the whole way through. She's a bubbly, gem of a person & that's just what I know from her blog. She keeps life real.

How does this link up work?

1. Well first off you list 5 things. They can be as random as you want or all about one subject, there are no real rules here.
2. You link up your post at the bottom of hers, not mine. I'm not that fancy.
3. Then you grab the button, from below & add it to yours.
4. Then you spread the word about your blog, her blog, and everyone else's you want.
(I added that part-duh!)



Here are my Fabulous Five for Fri-YAY!


1. Arm Knitting.
Have you heard of this? My Aunt made me an arm knitted scarf last Christmas and I love it.
I've been wanting to try it, too so I bought the yarn earlier this week and am planing on making a scarf this weekend.
Arm Knit Infinity Scarf
Wish me luck!

2. Christmas Cheer everywhere but especially in the aisles of Target!
This is what's making my heart happy.
We're getting our Christmas tree on Black Friday and I can't hardly wait!


3. Spending time outside with this silly crew lately has been making my heart smile, too.


4. The weekly #30daysoflittlethings with Olivia from SimplyLivBlog has been incredible. I love participating. You can see my #30daysoflittlethings link ups on my Instagram.

5. These wonderful gifts that I received yesterday. I participated in the Facebook gift exchange because who doesn't love a gift exchange? Yes, this is the one that went viral for being a scam. Honestly, I sent out my gift and forgot about it so yesterday when we got home from my friend's mom's funeral my hubby said "Baby, you have a package up here on the porch." I told him I didn't know what it was because I hadn't ordered anything. When he told me where it was from I remembered the FB gift swap. Needless to say, it came at a time when I needed it most. I needed a little cheer after the day I had and this was it. What an un-expected blessing.


My swapper did a great job picking out items I love! She knew I love owls and candles but I didn't say anything about cardinals. The neat this is that they say when a cardinal appears a loved one who has passed is near. What a lovely thought after the day.


So there are my Friday Five.

Link up with us at Karli's blog and tell us about your Friday Five!

"post signature

4 comments

  1. I'm sorry about your friend!
    I am loving all the Christmas Trees in Target!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Angela. That means a lot!
      I'm definitely loving the Christmas trees and decor in Target!

      Delete
  2. What a fun gift exchange! I'm participating in 2 this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the silly crew! l am sure you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.