30 Days of Little Things Weeks 2&3



Hi again Peachies. Happy Saturday morning. I hope you're all staying cozy where ever you are. I've been seeing posts of snow already in Illinois and surrounding states & honestly, I wish you'd pass some of that down to Georgia. It's a chilly 55 here and overcast but no sights of snow anywhere in the near future. However, we are staying snuggly warm in our sweats and pajamas today and that makes the perfect time to catch up on my #30daysoflittlethings posts. Last week was such a crazy week that I forgot to do my post for week 2 so today I bring you weeks two and three of this link up.

Here's how it works (as written by Olivia, herself).

For the next 30 days, starting today, be intentional about noticing the small, mundane, everyday things in your life. Changing your mindset from overlooking these things to intentionally noticing them is a huge positive change!

Post about the little thing you're grateful for each day on some social platform using the hashtag #30daysoflittlethings. I'll be using Instagram and maybe Facebook occasionally.

If you have a blog, join in our weekly link-up! I will host the link up on my blog and Ludavia from Nifty Betty will co-host it on her blog each Sunday. The link-up will remain open all week, until the next Sunday, giving us a chance to see what everyone has been up to!

If you don't have a blog, stop by and read other people's posts on Sunday and engage!


Follow me on Instagram to see what i'll be posting about. Every Saturday, Sunday or Monday (because life is unpredictable like that) i'll do a round up post here.

Here's what i've been thankful for the last two weeks.

Day 8: Apparently got lost in the mix of the crazy week. So on to the next.

Day 9: I'm thankful for this silly Golden Girl. Our Bella Holly is the sweetest girl ever. She has the most soulful eyes & I think she feels everything we do. She's full of love and smiles.


Day 10: I'm thankful that the sun started shining today. It's been a month since we've last seen it. Welcome back sunshine.


Day 11: I'm thankful that 46 days ago I said "I Do" to this man. He's honestly my better half, the piece to my missing puzzle, My calm, my safe place. He can make me laugh when I want to cry. He's everything I ever wanted but never thought i'd find. Years ago he told me never to settle, i'm sure glad I listened to him. I look forward to making a lifetime of memories with him & so many more dances around our kitchen. He's proof that fairy tales do come true.


Day 12: I love my time in the car, waiting on my son to get out of school. It's 20-45 minutes of me time. Time to read, drink a monster (only on the rarest occasions), & listen to music or podcasts while catching up on instagram & snapchat.


Day 13: I'm thankful for my Mama & Daddy. These two are everything to me. They're not only my parents but my friends, too. They've given us an example of what a true marriage us. It has it's ups and downs, that's a given but they've shown us how to handle the downs only makes you stronger & because of that you are able to fully enjoy the ups. They've shown us that there's nothing too small to celebrate & life's too short to be serious all the time. I know that, no matter how old I get their home is always my home, too. They've shown me how to be the best parent, too, by being a shining example of that. We've always been able to count on our Mom & Dad. My mom will always be one of my best friends & i'll always be daddy's girl.


Day 14: I'm Thankful that it's Saturday. I slept in this morning & as soon as I got up my hubby had my coffee ready. I got to spend some quiet time with him before he left for work. When my son got up I told him to get ready on about an hour, he did so without being asked! The sun is shining, it's chilly which means i'm getting to wear one of my favorite scarves, & i'm about to spend time with some of my favorite people. It's definitely a Happy Saturday!



Day 15: Today was one of those that I had a heavy heart & was in a funk. I couldn't shake it. I knew I couldn't just sit around the house feeling blah so I got dressed and went to Target, The place of all things happy! I bought a few things & looked at all the Christmas things. It helped but I still felt blah because truth is, the things that are making me feel this way are things that I can't shop away. It's the world we live in, it's the terrorist attacks in Paris & all over the world. It's cancer & knowing my best friend is hurting because she just lost her Mom to cancer over the weekend. It's all these things that are out of my control that had me feeling that way but when I picked my son up from school & we spent time in the yard with the dogs, running, playing & soaking in the gorgeous weather everything felt right. I finally felt better. Of course I realize I can't control the things that have me sad & anxious but I did realize that I have so many wonderful things and people, in my life, to be thankful for. So i'm thankful for that & for the moments I share with them. I'm also thankful for a God who watches over me & keeps me safe my whole life through



Day 16: I'm thankful for the mess. The messy life means i'm alive and not perfect nor am I striving for perfection. I'm striving to be the best me possible & often that, in itself, is a mess. The messy bed means I get to snuggle up in a warm bed with my very best friend in the world, every night. Some people would love to be snuggled up next to their loved ones at night. Others would just be happy with a warm bed or even a blanket on a cold night. The messy house means I have a home, for starters. A home that is warm & safe. A home that I share with my loved ones. A home that is welcoming to our loved ones. The messy heart means I care. I care about my loved ones, I care about this world we live in. I have feelings & i'm not afraid to share them. So truth is, messy is okay. Messy means I have a life. It's not perfect but it's perfect for me & I love it. I'm blessed by the mess.


Day 17: I'm thankful for a cozy home to snuggle up in. This quote is always one of my favorites "love grows best in little houses, with fewer walls to separate. Where you eat & sleep together, you can't help but communicate. If we had more room between us, think of all we'd miss. Love grows best in houses just like this."


Day 18: 'm thankful for new friends & old friends and i'm thankful for thoughtful gifts appearing at the perfect time, when they're needed most. After a hard, emotional day of saying good bye to my best friend's mom, who lost her battle with cancer on Sunday, I came home to a package from a very sweet friend of a friend. Inside was all these goodies. It was a facebook gift swap but it came at the perfect time. Thank you, Margo for putting a smile in my face. Best of all is the cardinal candle holder b/c they say when a cardinal appears a loved one who has passed is near


Day 19: I'm thankful for each new day that I wake up. It means I have a purpose in this life & I choose it to try to spread some cheer & make others happy. Every morning I wake up is a blessing in itself. I'm also thankful that it's Friday before Thanksgiving, meaning no school next week! We get to sleep in for 9 whole days!!!! I'm also thsnkful for the gorgeous sky & weather we're being blessed with today.




So that brings us up to date on my #30daysoflittlethings. There is always, always, always something to be thankful for.

What are you thankful for?





"post signature

2 comments

  1. What a wonderful list you have going! I love that quote about everything in life being messy and aren't dogs the best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the Day 16 because well, life is messy! Xoxo Gems

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.