Friday, November 13, 2015
Oh, Hey Friday!
Hey Peachies! Oh Happy Day! It's the best day of the week, it's Fri-YAY! We've made it another whole week so now it's time to celebrate with a glass of wine. Wait, it's only 11:45 a.m. here, so maybe i'll hold off on the wine for now. While we wait for happy hour i'll entertain you with the Oh, Hey Friday! link up with the adorable Karlie from September Farm while I watch I Love Kellie Pickler.
You can join or just check out her fabulous blog. If you do you should read it from start to finish, you're sure to laugh, smile, and nod in agreeance the whole way through. She's a bubbly, gem of a person & that's just what I know from her blog. She keeps life real.
How does this link up work?
1. Well first off you list 5 things. They can be as random as you want or all about one subject, there are no real rules here.
2. You link up your post at the bottom of hers, not mine. I'm not that fancy.
3. Then you grab the button, from below & add it to yours.
4. Then you spread the word about your blog, her blog, and everyone else's you want.
(I added that part-duh!)
Here are my Fabulous Five for Fri-YAY!
1. The Red Starbucks Cup Controversy
I don't remember Starbucks ever claiming they were one religion or another. I'm guessing that the elves and snowflakes they put on their cups in the past were all symbols of the true meaning of Christmas. Oh wait, no they weren't! There were no elves and reindeer in the Bible. The true reason for the season is the birth of Baby Jesus so don't let this red cup (which makes me want to sing Red Solo Cup every time I hear it) steal your Christmas joy. In one of the articles about the Starbucks Red Cup that i've read recently said that people of other religions and faiths aren't up in arms because there aren't menorahs and other symbols that represent the holidays to them on the cups.
I have an idea. If you don't like the red Starbucks cup then save your $10 that you'd spend on a venti peppermint mocha & send a solider who is deployed and not getting to spend the holidays with his or her loved ones and send them a new mug and a bag of coffee. Take the negative and turn it into something positive.
2. The Ugly Target Christmas Sweater
Ugly Christmas Sweater
In the comments section on Twitter someone said "it wouldn't be America if someone wasn't offended." That's sad but it's true. This sweater is meant to be ugly & funny. I get that OCD is a very real disease but we spend too much time being offended by the silliest things.
It's really simple here ladies and gentlemen. If you don't like it then don't buy it. If you feel the need to boycott then go right ahead but don't get all up in arms when the rest of the world doesn't follow suit because they're too busy enjoying the holiday season to be offended by these ridiculous things.
3. Speaking of the holidays, a friend of mine, who works retail, made this point on her Facebook yesterday and I agree with her wholeheartedly.
"You are complaining about a red cup!!!
But yet you don't complain when people are away from their families on Thanksgiving night working so you can go shopping, you don't complain when stores are open all day Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!! What about all those hard workers who have to work so you can save a couple bucks?"
It's all pretty one sided, really. We all want to see and do things that only agree with our beliefs. Pretty selfish, huh?
In the words of Clark Griswold "We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye."
I'm going to say Merry Christmas this holiday season but I won't be offended if you say Happy Holidays or Happy Kwanzaa or Happy "Whatever you believe in" because honestly, I want everyone to have a happy day everyday.
4. Now that i've gotten that off my chest...
I'm sitting here like Red Cup What? Ugly Christmas Sweater Who?
Because this is what I'm worried about...
5. And I saved the best for last. I'm trying to pick out our Christmas cards for this year and have it narrowed down to two & I'm leaning more towards one than the other but for fun, I want to see what y'all pick. And remember, this is a preview, not the full card and the quality is horrible, for some reason, i'll work on that but it adds a little more suspense to the actual card.
Which Christmas card do you like best?