Coffee Talk




Hi Sweet Friends. Happy Monday. I know Mondays have a reputation of being awful and I understand. I mean we're having to leave our cozy blankets and sweats at home and be real members of society today, at least most of us do. I totally miss having my hubby home, snoozing away in his chair and my son talking to his friends and playing video games. I miss the togetherness after the weekend is gone but I am learning to love Mondays. I love the quietness of the mornings and getting to catch up on the chores I let slip by while I was enjoying my family. I love replying to all the e-mails waiting for me in my inbox and all the comments on my Instagram and blog. I feel so refreshed on Mondays but I know not everyone shares that sentiment.


You know what would make Mondays even better? If we could have a coffee date with our girlfriends. Imagine being cozy in a small cafe, sipping a mug of coffee before the hustle of the week begins. Would you join me for a coffee date this morning.


If you and I were on a coffee date we'd be cozy in my favorite cafe/farmer's market. I love this little cafe, it's half cafe half farmer's market. It's cozy and inviting. I would be drinking an Italian Cream espresso and eating a blueberry muffin. What would you have? I would tell you about my weekend and ask about yours. I would ask how your family is and happily look at any pictures you have of your kids and pets and all the fun things in your life lately.

I would tell you that I finally feel like i'm getting my house and life back on track after being sick for a week. It really threw me off track and I honestly didn't mind. Usually i'm border line OCD about my house being clean and having blog posts drafted ahead of time, not that I actually ever get them posted before 10 a.m. but I like to have something started in advance. Being sick made me slow down and realize that the house work isn't going anywhere, neither is the blog. I'm actually enjoying moving at a slower pace. It gives me more time to enjoy life and what truly matters most.

I would also tell you that my focus has shifted from the blog to other forms of social media lately, mostly Instagram. I don't know why but I feel like Insta has my heart and attention lately. It's not that I'm not focused on Peaches and Willow because I love creating content to share but I'm really focused on growing Insta. The #simplystyledmarch challenge that I'm doing really has inspired me to step out of my comfort zone and find my self confidence. Sometimes it's hard being a woman with curves in today's society but this challenge really makes me feel confident and beautiful in my imperfect skin.

I am also obsessed with Ashley Beaudin. She's an amazing girl boss and creative entrepreneur and the master mind behind The Imperfect Boss. If you don't know Ashley yet then run to her blog, Facebook page or Instagram and become best friends forever because she's the kind of girl everyone needs in their tribe. I've also recently found Sarah from Stylish Sassy and Classy and am kind of obsessed with her girl boss attitude, too. These ladies are both such an inspiration to me and The Imperfect Boss Facebook group is my comfy, safe place full of fellow girl bosses just trying their best and cheering each other along.

I would tell you that a few weeks ago I had a potential collaborator back out when she found out I was also collaborating with a lady who ran a company that sold similar items. I went through a roller coaster of emotions on this one and I didn't talk to anyone but my husband about it. I've quietly thought about it and apologized to her and I am truly sorry that I hurt her, it definitely wasn't my intention. I won't share too many details out of respect for both ladies I was in collaboration with. I will say this though, I am sorry I hurt someone's feelings. I have the softest heart you may ever know. I also believe that there's enough room for everyone to succeed and I will continue to support small businesses that I believe in because, to me, that's what being a girl boss is. It's about wanting everyone to succeed and being willing to help peers out. Friday in one of my groups we were sharing what our victories were last week; I said mine was scoring nine collabs for the blog. Another lady apologetically asked me what that meant and explained she was new to this. I told her never to feel sorry for asking a question. I love to share with others the things I've learned, even if it means we're working towards the same goal. I just wish everyone saw it that way.

Speaking of, I saw a post on Ashley Beaudin's Instagram the other day. I won't share the image because it belongs to her, not me, but it said "Let's be women who aren't just here for a flashy moment, but who are committed to the long haul." This quote is everything. Be a woman who shows up, not just for the glittery moments but who keeps going through the dark, dull moments and in every moment, cheer each other on. Empowered women empower women. Be that.

I have signed on about nine sponsors for the blog and am working on collaborating with them for some fun posts soon. When I started blogging several years ago, I did it as a way to keep up with mine and my son's lives. I had no idea the blessings and friendships it would bring me. I truly wish everyone understood the blogging world because it's a pretty awesome place.

I would tell you that cutting sugar out of my diet has been easier than I thought it would be. I'm not going to lie, I haven't completely quit because I figured out there's sugar in everything, especially my beloved granola bars but I am keeping a daily food diary and cutting way back on sugar. I was a 2-3 glasses of sweet tea a day kinda girl, now I cut it back to one small glass a day. The other day I even put the Reese's peanut butter cup back when I was standing in the check out line at the grocery store. Small victory but it's still a victory. Keeping a food journal has made me realize just how much sugar I was consuming before. It also keeps me accountable.

I would share with you my new favorite make up and beauty products. The ELF total face palette is a must have for every ladies make up bag. It has two blushes, a highlighter and a bronzer in it and the packaging is beautiful silvery mirrored. It's seriously gorgeous on its own. My other new favorite in the essence dark circle concealer. It really helps my dark circles and this time of year I really need all the help I can get because my circles get so dark because of allergies. I've also been attached to my Perk! stick by Perfectly Posh lately. It's a lifesaver, y'all. It's made with essential oils, which I am obsessed with anyway but since my allergies are acting up this is my go to.

Can we talk about our most dreaded chore real quick? Mine is ironing. I despise it with every fiber of my being. Okay, maybe that's a bit dramatic but I truly don't like it but my hubby works with doctors and other higher ups in a big medical company and it requires him to dress nice, which means I have to iron a lot. I'm really trying to find ways to make this chore a little more pleasant so i'm thinking a Gilmore Girls or Fixer Upper marathon while I iron will help. Any tips or ideas for me? Help a June Cleaver wanna be out.

I would also tell you that I want to do a Q&A post on the blog soon so if you have a question you'd like me to answer please let me know!


Than you for joining me for a coffee date this morning.
What would you like to share with me?

No comments

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.