*This is not an affiliate link. I received free products in exchange for this post. All thoughts are my own.*
It's no secret that we ladies love leggings so when Chelsie from Hey There Chelsie told me about Simple Addiction leggings I just had to try them out. I started out by ordering one pair, then one turned into two and the addiction has just kept growing. They are so buttery soft and the prints are so vibrant and fun. They're practically all I live in. I'm all about dressing for comfort and style and with Simple Addiction you get both.
I have been blogging for three years now but I've never done a styled post. I always felt too shy in front of the camera and too self conscious. My body isn't perfect and for that, I could make a million excuses but I won't. All I know is that my body is something I shouldn't hide or be ashamed of, so I decided to take a huge leap out of my comfort zone and start doing styled posts. After Simple Addiction sent me an outfit I knew there was no turning back. I was committed so I enlisted my hubby as my photographer and we headed out to our property to shoot some pictures at our barn.
I'll admit, I was nervous and self conscious but I knew this was important; for me and all women. I regularly participate in a monthly styled Instagram challenge and so many of my sweet friends have said things like "you are so pretty" and "will you just take my money and go shopping for me?" Those are things I never thought i'd hear about my style but they sure do make a girl feel pretty amazing so I owe my boost of confidence and being able to step out of my comfort zone to all of you who support me and show me love. I want every lady of every age to know you are beautiful just the way you are and if someone ever tells you different then you don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
I challenge you to run to your closet and come up with a styled outfit then grab a camera and find a pretty location to take some pictures. You don't have to show them to anyone but keep them as a reminder that you are beautiful. Here's to celebrating our flaws and believing in our beauty.
Here are 10 Ways To Rock Your Confidence
1. Take time to put on your make up and fix your hair every day even if you are just getting into yoga pants or leggings for a day of blogging and house chores.
2. Take all the selfies your heart desires then go back through them and keep at least two.
3. For every negative thing you think about yourself think of one positive thing you like about yourself.
4. Think of a personal mantra and post it everywhere so you can see it often.
5. Keep a journal filled with all the things that bring you happiness and inspiration. It's okay to write stories that make you feel like the awesome babe you are.
One time when I was checking out at Ulta, I was having a rough day and thought it probably showed but the lady checking me out just kept saying how bubbly I was and how she loved my smile. I smiled all day after that and still smile when I think about it because it just made me feel good.
6. Go to Target (or the beauty supply section of any store) and buy a lip stick color that you wouldn't normally then go out and rock it!
It's un-comfortable at first but you'll be surprised how many compliments you actually get on it.
7. Keep a Happy List. It can be anything from received a gift from a loved one to got a new car to fresh mani! Whatever makes you happy makes you confident.
I used to post my Happy List on Facebook at the end of every day and it truly made me a happier more confident person. I think i'm about to get back on board with that!
8. Take 10 minutes out of your day and turn up your music and dance like no one is watching, even if your blinds are open and all the neighbors can see.
9. Make it a habit to (mentally) point out what you love about yourself daily. In the pictures above I can say that I truly love my eyes and something as simple as that can boost your confidence.
10. Take care of your skin. Find a skin care routine and products that you fall so in love with that you want to use them daily and nightly. Not only will you feel more confident, your skin will be all glowy, too.
So cheers to all my friends. You are beautiful inside and out. I believe that and you should, too!
P.S. You can shop for some of my outfits at Simple Addiction and get 15% off by using the code leslie15