Monday, February 1, 2016
Hopelessly Devoted To You
Hi Peachies! Grease was the word last night with #GreaseLive blowing up feeds everywhere. I'm a die hard Grease fan and have been looking forward to this night since the announcement was made that they would be doing a Grease Live special. I used to dream of growing up in that time and being a Pink Lady. I wanted to be Sandy. Pure, sweet, hopelessly romantic, and attracted to the bad boy. In the end she changed him and he changed her and they lived happily ever after.
Then I went through a period of wanting to be like Frenchie. She was a high schooler who was chasing her dreams and rocking pink hair light years before it was cool. I wanted pink hair like her and my own guardian angel who would come down and sing to me in those moments of indecision. Frenchie didn't need anyone's approval.
In my adult years I want to be Rizzo. Not because she was the school tramp but because she really didn't need anyone's approval. She was totally prepared to be a single mom. I can relate! Rizzo has that true #girlboss attitude and I love that! So through the years of my obsession with Grease, i've related to the three main Pink Ladies.
So anyway, back to the Grease Live chat. Last night my mom texted me at 7, while my husband, son and I were finishing up dinner to tell me that Grease Live was on and she was taping it if I wanted to watch it. WHAT?!? I thought it came on at 8. I was bummed. I was already missing it but my hubby and sweet son sent me upstairs to the bedroom to watching it while they cleaned up from dinner then spent the next 3 hours playing Call of Duty & letting me have my moment. Every commercial break that came on I was running around the house emptying bathroom trash cans and making my son's lunch for school today. Every commercial break they fussed at me to sit down and watch my show. I've only been talking about it for a month. They knew how excited I was for it. Towards the end, my son would run in the bedroom and sing and dance. Even though his 13 year old self will not admit this now, he used to love to watch Grease with me. Last night was proof that Grease is still in his blood.
Usually I get irked when they want to remake one of my favorite movies. I think they should just leave a wonderful thing alone but #GreaseLive did not (totally) disappoint.
1. I thought Julianne Hough rocked it as Sandy. It's a hard role to win me over in because Sandy will always be Olivia Newton John & Danny will forever be John Travolta. Julianne won me over though. However, the guy who played Danny did not. John Travolta forever!
2. Vanessa Hudgens as Rizzo. I'm sorry. There will never be another Rizzo. Stockard Channing forever! I do give Vanessa a TON of credit though. Her dad just died the night before this performance and yet she went on without skipping a beat. That alone wins her some Rizzo points in my book.
3. In the original movie Danny is way hotter than Zuko. In Grease Live that was the opposite. Sorry, I know everyone was swooning over Danny.
4. The carnival was held inside a gym! What? Noooo....
5. Mario Lopez as Vince Fontaine. Yes Please?!?
6. The horrible sound issues during Hopelessy Devoted! Noooo!!! It was the cry hear 'round the internet.
My mom even texted me this...
7. Boys II Men as Frenchie's Guardian Angel? The 90's girl in me loved it! I wondered how they'd pull that off without Casey Kasem.
8. And of course...an appearance by Didi Conn left me with all the feels.
9. A race scene on stage?!? That one still has me wondering How?
10. And when Sandy comes in dressed in that black spandex suit and says to Danny "Tell me about it, stud."
#workout goals #relationshipgoals
Overall I loved it and I'll always be Hopelessly Devoted to Grease.
Did you watch? What was your favorite part?