Coffee Chat + Goals




Hey Sweet Friends! Happy Monday. It's been a while since i've done a coffee chat + goals post because i've had several other posts to fill the space of Mondays. I have missed y'all and our cozy coffee chats though so throw your hair in a top knot, grab your favorite mug filled with coffee and a blanket and let's chat about all the things on our hearts and share our goals for this week.




If you and I were on a coffee date...

We would be at my favorite local cafe/market. I'd be drinking an Americano with Irish Creme and I'd be eating a Bacon Baily Breakfast sandwich. It's this amazing fried egg with bacon, cheddar cheese and homemade Georgia peach sauce on a toasted cheddar onion baily bun and it is amazing. What would you be having?


I would tell you...

that this weekend was sooo good for my soul. It was the perfect mix of being productive and relaxing. Saturday morning my hubby & I got up, threw on some clothes and went out for an impromptu brunch date. We even got to spend time with my Aunt who lives in Illinois. She was in town last week for a conference so my hubby & I got to pick her up in Atlanta and bring her home with us for the evening. We missed the rest of her family but we enjoyed spending time with her. Sunday while my hubby cut grass, I ran to the grocery store then came home and did housework and chores for the week. I even got to work on my blog and plan out my week in my Happy Planner. My hubby & I cooked an amazing steak dinner together and I enjoyed another nice talk with my aunt.

that school is off to an amazing start. So far my kiddo is taking on high school like a champ. His transition into high school was so much smoother than into middle school. I'm happy he's got a friend that he's really close to because they're sticking by each other and helping each other conquer the beginning of this next chapter of their lives. I also love that he's at my former high school. We're now second generation Cougars! I just know he's going to do amazing things.


I would also tell you that I just couldn't wait for fall. I had to break out the pumpkin scented candles and my new plaid top. I'm not pulling out all the decor just yet; I've still got to have something to look forward to but I couldn't resist the candles and plaid! I'm so ready for all the cozy hoodies, boots, blankets and apple cider. Are you ready for fall or are you more of a summer girl?


Have you heard Ke$ha's new album? I. am. obsessed. It's all about empowerment and coming back stronger and better than ever before. It's also a great message about overcoming adversity and showing your haters that you are strong enough. I am a huge fan of hers now. My favorite song off the new album is Hymn.

I'm on a mission to make some positive changes in my life. I am ready to start working out and eating healthier as well as working on my mind and spirit. Lately i've just been exhausted and over all moody. I try to stay positive and not really let things get me down but sometimes it happens. When it does, I just feel drained so i'm ready for an overall over haul. I'm about to start a gratitude journal and really checking in with myself by asking "how are you really, today?"

I would also tell you that Saturday morning's impromptu brunch date is my new favorite kind of date. Messy bun, no make up, yoga pants, a tee shirt and our favorite cozy cafe are what my heart has dreamt of for so long. Usually I would be the one to say, "wait! I don't have make up or a cute outfit on" but there was something refreshing and freeing about not caring and truly letting myself enjoy a casual brunch date with my husband on a lazy Saturday morning. I really want to practice being more in the moment and truly living with more intention.

I'm also on a mission to share more of my heart, my true, raw, real feelings. It's a struggle, y'all, I won't lie but I have so many ideas swirling around in my head and i'm equal parts nervous and excited to share them but i've decided that I really want this little space to be authentic and as beautifully chaotic as I am at times. My hope is that I can inspire or encourage someone through sharing the most real, vulnerable parts of my soul.

What would you share with me if we were on a coffee date?


Monday Mantra



Goals

+ Find Fit Bit and start tracking steps

+ Drink less sugary stuff and more water/green tea

+ Do yoga 3xs

+ Get active in my blogging groups 3xs this week

+ Do my skin care routine nightly

What are your goals for the week?





6 comments

  1. I want to be at that café/market with you! That sandwich sounds amazing. Georgia peach sauce? Yes please! So glad that school is going well so far. I’m with you. I’ve been burning pumpkin scents for the last month. I am so ready for fall and cooler weather. I commend you for pouring out your soul. Being vulnerable is frightening. But, I can’t wait to hear more of your heart friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sweet Friend! Thank you for the comment. I would love if you could go to my favorite market with me. Lunch and brunch dates there are so good. All of their sandwiches and salads are amazing! I'll be happy to send you some Georgia Peach Sauce, if you'd like. It is delicious. You would love this market!

      It's only 63 right now so i've got my back door open and all my pumpkin/fall scents burning. I am loving this weather. I'm hoping it sticks around. We got a good rain last night that has cooled it off so fingers crossed, it's here to stay.

      You are always so sweet and encouraging. Being vulnerable isn't easy but it's always nice to know that i've got sweet friends like you to lean on!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this post. How brave of you to share yourself like that. i totally understand the struggle. :) I am so glad you were able to enjoy that brunch. Sometimes it's the smallest things that have such an impact. And, the quote at the end??? It was just what I needed to read. Sounds like you and I are working on some of the same goals.:) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny. Thank you so much for your comment. It's so encouraging to know that I have this amazing community of women that encourage and support me as I show the most vulnerable parts of myself. I totally agree, sometimes the smallest things impact us the most. I'm so glad you enjoyed this post. It's always nice to know someone is in your corner. Good luck on your goals, girl!

      Delete
  3. I've been on a new workout routine and I have to say I'm actually starting to really embrace going to the gym 4-5 days a week! Hope you find a workout you love soon! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay girl! You are inspiring me to get moving and keep it up. I'm back to doing yoga and loving it but I need to do some cardio, too!

      Thank you for always being so sweet and encouraging.
      xo.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.