Friday Five.

Hey Y'all! We can all breathe a sigh of relief because we've made it through another week.


That also means I've decided to join in September Farm's link up called oh hey, friday!


You can join or just check out her fabulous blog. If you do you should read it from start to finish, you're sure to laugh, smile, and nod in agreeance the whole way through. She's a bubbly, gem of a person & that's just what I know from her blog. She keeps life real.

How does this link up work?

1. Well first off you list 5 things. They can be as random as you want or all about one subject, there are no real rules here.
2. You link up your post at the bottom of hers, not mine. I'm not that fancy.
3. Then you grab the button, from her page. Remember i'm not that fancy & add it to yours.
4. Then you spread the word about your blog, her blog, and everyone else's you want.
(I added that part-duh!)




So here's my randomness.

1. Wedding invites. Oh the wedding invites. They're amazing, gorgeous, one of a kind since we (my mom and I) designed them ourselves. After two weeks they're almost ready to go in the mail. Tomorrow. Even if I have to stay up until 2 a.m. to finish them. My lovely fiance suggested I quit working on them at 9 p.m. last night with the promise that he'll help me tonight. I'm excited that they're almost done.


2. My Memama fell last Saturday and has been in the hospital since. She broke her shoulder and her arm in two places. She's had surgery on both and has an external hardware device on her arm. She's a tough cookie though, she's not letting on just how much pain she's in. Even yesterday when they drained her wounds and changed the bandages. She'll be in the hospital until at least Sunday then physical therapy. She needs all the prayers she can get right now.

3. I tried the new Starbucks Cupcake Frappe yesterday. It was okay. It was really sweet and I love sweet but this was a bit much for me. Today i'm feeling the effects from all the sugar. Blah!


4. I saw the pretties rainbow evening before last. Rainbows are magical and breath taking to me. They're not something we see often but they're a reminder of hope and promises. Without the rain there would be no rainbows.


5. And since some Fridays I do a Foodie Friday post. Here's my favorite recipe from the last couple weeks. It was a hit with my family!



Apple Mango Chicken Recipe

Apple Mango Salsa Recipe Adapted From All Recipes
Ingredients
Chicken:
1½ cups apple juice, divided
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
1 teaspoon onion, diced
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon sea salt
14 oz Gold'n Plump® Extra Tender™ Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders
Salsa Dressing:
¼ cup zesty italian dressing
¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
Apple Mango Salsa:
1 green apple, cubed
1 mango, cubed
¼ cup onion, diced
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
Instructions
Chicken:
Stir 1 cup apple juice, honey, onions, fresh garlic, black pepper and salt in a sauté pan.
Add the frozen chicken to the pan, put the lid on and bring the liquid to a boil over medium high heat.
Once it starts to boil, turn heat to low and continue cooking with the lid on.
After about 5 minutes, separate the once frozen chicken tenders.
Simmer over low heat, with the lid on, for an additional 15 minutes, turning the chicken occasionally.
Add ½ cup of apple juice and continue simmering for another 15 minutes on low or until full cooked, turning the chicken occasionally.
Salsa Dressing:
Whisk together lime juice, Italian dressing, orange juice concentrate, fresh garlic, salt and black pepper.
Apple Mango Salsa:
Combine green apple, mango, red bell pepper, onions, and cilantro in a bowl.
Pour the dressing over the salsa ingredients and stir to coat.
Serving:
Serve the chicken tenders on a bed of rice topped with the apple mango salsa



So that's my week in a nut shell. Now we sit and wait for our Illinois family to get here early in the morning! We've got a fun week ahead!!
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

No comments

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.