Lessons in Relationships

Last week I was sitting on the front porch of my parent's house having a conversation with my mom about how taking the time to fix yourself up by doing your hair and make up and putting on decent clothes can make you feel so great, even if you aren't going out of the house. I've been a slacker as a stay at home mom for the last 11 years, only getting dressed nice if I was leaving the house and for me that might have been just running to the grocery store. Since getting engaged and pretty much living with my fiancé little changed. We'd go out somewhere and the minute I came home I was upstairs changing into my most comfy house clothes, which usually is a pair of PJ pants or cotton shorts and one of his tee shirts {big on me but so comfy}, hair up, bra off, make up off, jewelry off.

It wasn't until this conversation with my mom that it occurred to me the importance of staying looking nice for him long after we're home for the day. Oddly enough the next day my fiancée says to me "I like it when you stay dressed nice at home." He tells me I'm beautiful all the time, any way I look but this seemed to really mean something to him. Since then I'm putting more effort into looking nice more often. It makes him happy and honestly I feel better about myself. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely days when I still look like a rag-a-muffin, especially since it's summer and we'll be spending lots of time at my parent's pool but I believe in putting in a little more effort now to see my honey's eyes light up with love for me.

No comments

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.