Coffee Chat vol. 2



Hi and welcome to my cozy little space. I'm so glad you're joining me for a coffee date. I believe life is sweeter with coffee dates with our best girlfriends while we get cozy and share the deepest parts of our heart so get comfy, grab a cup of coffee and join me for coffee chat.



If you and I were on a coffee date...

We would be snuggled up on my couch with fuzzy blankets because it's still cold here in Georgia. I would be drinking Vanilla Cream Puff Donut Shop Original coffee with Coldstone Sweet Cream creamer. It's been my favorite lately. I would show you our selection of coffees and creamers and offer you a cute mug. We take our coffee seriously around here. Then I would offer you a blanket to get cozy with while we sat around and chatted about all the things on our hearts and minds.

I would tell you...

I've just caught up on This Is Us and I am obsessed. It's the most heart warming, honest, emotional show ever but I think that's because it talks all about real life and the things we all face in some way. I won't give away any spoilers in case you're behind or haven't watched it at all but all I can say, is you've got to watch it but be prepared to cry. a lot.

I'm also obsessed with the chocolate cherry mocha from Starbucks. It's a Valentine's special so it'll only be there for a few more days but it's so worth it. I'm thinking I may have to go get another one before they're gone for good. This coming from the girl who really couldn't care less about Starbucks.


My word of the year is hustle. It sounds like a silly word, I admit but I am using it as my word of the year because it reminds me to keep going, keep pushing, and keep chasing my dreams even on the days when I feel tired or I fall into the "I'm not good enough" mindset. I have to say that, so far, it's been a great motivator for me. Last month I felt like a powerhouse and was absolutely knocking my goals out of the park. This month has been more of a struggle but I find myself pushing through and feeling more determined than ever to do what I set my mind to when what hustle means to me.

It's official. I have a 15 year old and I have to say that this stage of his life is definitely one of my favorites. I love our meaningful conversations and how we can laugh at the silliest things together. He's a great kid and I just know that the future is going to take him amazing places. He makes me proud to be a mama. It's bittersweet watching him grow into a wonderful young man.

I've been on a mission to eat healthier and put more fruits and veggies into my diet and I have to say that I am loving it! I feel so much better already and feel like just being intentional with what I'm putting in my body and the amount of calories I consume really is so freeing and refreshing. i still treat myself to the things I like, yesterday I had the chocolate cherry mocha but consuming less sugary stuff makes me feel so much better. I'm also always on the hunt for recipes with fruits and vegetables so I would ask you if you have any you would like to share?

I'm also on a mission to create more heart centered content for my blog. I love doing the beauty, make up and goals posts but I want more heart moments and self care posts, too. Speaking of posts, I would ask you if you've read any of mine lately? If so what has stood out to you? I'm trying to create posts that my readers really love and enjoy, too.

I've recently learned that there are dimensions to self care, it's not just about treating myself to a cupcake or a trip to Ulta. It's about taking care of myself on all levels. As a homebody/introvert i've learned that social self care is something that should be highly important to me. I could go days without leaving my house and only having contact with people through social media but getting out of my home is something of importance because it allows me to interact with others and work on building relationships with those that I am close to.

I've also really been thinking a lot about friendships lately, in fact, I have a post coming all about that in the next couple weeks but I'm at a place in my life where I want to cultivate long lasting friendships and I want to spend more time with friends. It's so easy to put friendships on the back burners because life is too busy. Friends are the ones we know we can always come back to when the time is there but I'm tired of waiting on time to show up. They say we make time for what really matters so it's time for me to make time for my friends.


What would you share with me if we were on a coffee date?





No comments

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.