Christmas Re-Cap

A month! That's how long it's been since my last post but yes I have been that busy. After the Thanksgiving celebrations came my Dad's birthday then my mom had surgery then there was shopping and Christmas cooking to be done. It all kept me on my toes but honestly I enjoyed every minute of it. In the end it was nice to enjoy a wonderful Christmas with my family and friends. It ended with my honey having a full week off work, which is un-heard of so after Christmas we spent a lot of time with our son, sitting in front of the t.v. eating way too much junk food and take out, playing far too many video games and watching a couple movies. It was one of the best Christmases I've had, except for last Christmas when my honey proposed. Our festivities started off on the 13th with an Ugly Sweater party and our friend's Marc & Katie's. I ran to every thrift shop in town trying to find us ugly sweaters b/c paying $20 a piece at Target wasn't on my to do list. I came up with nothing so the creative juices started flowing and I made all 3 of us sweaters for $30. I'd say they are all a win (or lose, as the case may be). Mine even came complete with a tu-tu. Then my sweet loves and I made Gingerbread houses. This has been a tradition with Dylan since he was about 3. He's 11 now so that's 8 years of us doing this together. Then there was our family Christmas with my Dad's side on Dec. 21st. Some of the cousins. That was followed by Christmas with my brother in sister in law. My sister in law is a pharmacist in a hospital and had to work Christmas Day so we celebrated with them early. This might be my favorite picture from Christmas. My cat came through the windown screaming at us while we were opening presents. I think he's saying "What? You started Christmas without me?" Next up was the 23rd. Also known as our engagement anniversary. We had plans with my future Sister in Law and nephews to go look at Christmas lights then come home and start our cooking for Christmas Eve dinner with that side of the family but a giant storm de-railed those plans. Instead we just hung out in our house and stayed dry. The girls cooked while the boys gamed. Sadly this is the only pic I have from that night. Are you tired of pictures yet? Good! Let's keep going! Christmas Eve was next. My honey's family always does their celebration that night so that Christmas Day we're not all running around like crazy. It's so nice to be able to spend quality time with each side of the family. Christmas Eve we spent the night at my parent's house so there was no rushing around in the morning. It was amazing. We have a tradition of getting pajamas every Christmas Eve. This year the girls got some too. By girls I mean dogs but how cute are they?! Christmas morning. Bella was all up in her boy's business. She was laying in the midst of him and all his presents, which was so sweet. At one point she even put her paw on a gift as if to say "open this one now." {Bella's backstory-she was Dylan's Christmas gift about 8 years ago. She adores her boy.} Christmas night we had dinner and presents with my mom's side of the family. Cousins on this side of the family and my brother and son's shenanigans. We ended the night playing heads up. Oh what fun! There were many laughs. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as well. I'm sorry for the picture over load. 2015 i'll be better about posting more often.

No comments

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.