Blue Sky Tag:Blogging Challenge



Y'all, last week when my sweet friend Alix from A Pint Sized Life nominated me for the Blue Sky Challenge I was so excited. I admit I'd never heard of the Blue Sky Challenge before but I knew it was something I loved once I read her post.

This challenge is really fun. The person who was nominated has to answer 11 questions (given by the person who nominated them) then they have to nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions.

Thank you Alix for nominating me.

So let's get this party started

Why blogging?
I started blogging as a way to document mine and my son's lives several years ago. I also wanted our family out of state to be able to keep up with what was going on in our lives. I had no intentions of making it public much less of having sponsors and collaborating with big brands and other bloggers. Now blogging is my creative outlet. It's a place for me to voice the things that mean the most to me. I like to think this space is a peak inside my heart and soul. I love the friendships it's brought me and the chance to keep learning new things that I never would learn otherwise. My hope is that someone reads the words I type and finds inspiration and happiness. I want to inspire people to choose happiness and chase their dreams.

What’s the last thing you ate?
Peanut butter granola cups with a cup of coffee.

What’s your go-to outfit?
Lately it's been a loose fitting tank top and my favorite denim shorts because it's so hot here in Georgia.

Who’s you’re favorite band/singer?
Hands down, without a doubt it's Pink.

Hot or cold coffee/tea?
I believe in hot coffee and cold tea.

What’s your guilty pleasure?
Southern Charm on Bravo. It's like watching a hot southern train wreck but I can't stop.
I also love old movies like Breakfast at Tiffany's, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, The Seven Year Itch, etc.
Christmas time is my favorite time for all the vintage movies. I never get tired of White Christmas.

Snapchat or Insta-stories?
I'm all about InstaStories these days. I just love having everything on one app.
I'm usually watching InstaStories while I do my hair and make up. I'm kinda obsessed.

What’s your zodiac sign?
Aquarius. A water sign, which is no surprise if you know me at all!
See, I really am a mermaid!

Name your biggest accomplishment (so far)
Raising my son. There was a time in life when I started losing (and cutting out) friends in my life because of him. I was a single mom for 10 years of his life so I really feel a strong bond with him because of that. He's my why for everything I do.

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Kauai, Hawaii. No joke, y'all. This place is heaven on Earth. When my husband & I went there on our honeymoon I might not of come home if it's wasn't for our son.

What’s your favorite quote?
I am a collector of quotes. Sometimes I feel like I could narrate my life in them so there are so many that I love but the two that are probably among my favorites are:

"Fairytales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know dragons exist. Fairytales tell children that dragons can be slayed."
AND
"This morning, with her, having coffee." Johnny Cash when asked for his description of paradise.


I hope y'all enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed filling it out. I absolutely love these kinds of posts. They're a refreshing way to learn a little more about the blogger behind the blog.

I nominate:

1.Sweet Tea and Hydrangeas
2.Polished and Bubbly
3.Hall Around Texas
4.Eat Drink & Be Mary
5.Always, Al
6.Dream Big & Buy The Shoes
7.Showered with Design
8.HappilyEverAfterEtc
9.Mon Fig
10.Baby Ridley Bump
11.Vintage Simply Love


Here are my questions:

1.Where do you find inspiration for creating new content?
2.What are your top 3 songs at the moment?
3.What is your favorite beauty/make up product?
4.What is the last thing you splurged on?
5.What's your favorite thing to do in your free time, when you aren't working?
6.What's your favorite way to pamper or treat yourself?
7.If you could meet one inspiring person who would it be and why?
8.What is the first thing you do in the morning?
9.How do you get through creative blocks?
10.What are 3 posts that readers should read to get to know you better?
11.What is your "go to" coffee order?


Here are the rules:

1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Answer your 11 questions.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers.
4. Think of 11 questions for them to answer.


I hope y'all have as much fun with this as I did! I can't wait to see your answers.











6 comments

  1. What a fun post! Loved reading this and learning a little more about you! Thanks for nominating me sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Doll! You're such a sweet, inspiring friend. You deserve to be recognized! I can't wait to read your answers!

      Delete
  2. Thank You for the nomination friend!! I always love getting to know you better. I love me some Pink. I saw her in concert back in high school and she was amazing. I'd love to see her again one day. Of course I love me some Southern Charm as well!I did not watch last weeks episode so I need to get caught up on it. I will have to answer these questions very soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doll! And you are welcome. I'm so happy blogging has brought us together! I can't wait to read your answers.

      Isn't Pink awesome? I would love to see her in concert. And Southern Charm is definitely my guilty pleasure. I think i'm all caught up. I may have missed one episode so I need to check.

      Delete
  3. This looks like a fun way to get to know everyone in the blogging circles! I am visiting you today from Blogging with Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for nominating me! It was so fun to read your answers and get to know you a little better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.