Good-bye/Hello.

Lisa Leonard does a wonderful post on her blog on Monday called Hello Monday! Where you say hello to a new week and the new opportunities that await you. I love this post and look forward to it every. single. week. but this got me to thinking why not Good-bye Friday?

We can say good-bye to the things that have weighed us down this week and brought a bunch of negativity. Sounds good, right? Let's quit it and forget it! So here goes. '

Good-bye looong work/school week.

Good-bye 7 a.m. alarm.

Good-bye rushing out the door.

Good-bye not spending time with family and friends.

Good-bye to seeing the sun rise on my morning drive.

Good-bye to being so exhausted that I can't stay awake long enough to spend time with my love after our boy has gone to bed.

Good-bye cold bed after my honey leaves in the mornings. Good-bye to only having time to drink 1/2 of my cup of coffee before rushing out the door.

Good-bye cleaning house and doing laundry because I vow to do none of that this weekend and only enjoy time with my family and friends.

On the flip side there are some things i'd like to say hello to this weekend, too!

Hello sleeping in WITH my honey snuggled up next to me.

Hello waking up to the sun already shining through my windows.

Hello to staying in pajamas until 11 a.m. and drinking all the coffee I want.

Hello staying up late with my honey AFTER our boy has gone to bed. {It's amazing what a couple extra hours of sleep can do}.

Hello not caring what my house looks like.

Hello wedding with old friends that I haven't seen in forever.

Hello pumpkin carving with my best and her sweet boy.

Hello Halloween decorating (better late than never).

Hello relaxing.

2 comments

  1. I have a lot to say goodbye to this week! This is a great idea for when a week has been tough! Keeping this in mind! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post reminded me of the song "I Went By" written by Jools Holland:

    Goodbye to the town we lived in
    Goodbye to the place we met
    Goodbye to our future
    Goodbye our regrets
    Goodbye to the grey streets
    I say goodbye to us
    I say goodbye to you
    I say goodbye to love.

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Have a peachy day.